Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last Long Day of Travel

I was so excited with the way the trip was going until I hit the airport this morning.  When I left Keiv I told the guy behind the counter that I needed my bags to go all the way to Amarillo and he said he could only check them to Houston because my flight was the next day.  That happens when you trip home is more than 24 hours.  But you do what you can do.  The problem came this morning when Contenental tried to make my flight a domestic flight which would make my bag limit 50 pounds instead of when I started the trip at a 70 pound limit.  It weighted in at 54 pounds and they were going to charge me for the overlimit $100.  I refused to pay becuase they should have checked it all the way through.  Nevertheless, they waisted enough time until I missed the flight talking to this superviser and that superviser.  If you know me at all you know that I don't mind going to the top on things.  I ended up buying a small bag to get under the weight limit and then paying the $35 second bag fee.  And since I had a few hours to kill I called Contental and filing a formal complaint.  The customer service rep confirmed that I was right (you know how I like to be right) and filed all the necessary paper work for me to get the money back.  What a hassel.  Since I have been back n the State I've been taken by a cap driver and misteated at the ticket counter.  America is supposed to be better, Right!!!  It just goes to show the decline in this country.  I love the USA, but we need to be famous for more than just hambergers and fries. 

On a mental and spiritual note I'm still on a high for all the things the Lord showed me about myself on this trip.  Some of which, in all honesty, is a bit to personal to share with the entire world, but just know that I am forever changed.  I'm sure that these problems are to try and detour my thoughts from the Lord and all the goodness he is doing.  It won't work.  The ministry that God is doing in me is to important to be sidetracked.  It is amazing when the Word of God becomes real in your life.  I am experiencing 2 Corinthains 3:17-18 being set free from myself and being changed into the image of my Lord Jesus Christ.  Thank you for all your prayers for me.  As I am asking God to do a work in your hearts, I think its import that you realize God is doing a work in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment