Thursday, September 15, 2011

Class Dismissed

Well last night was the last lecture for the class here in Lugansk or "Luhansk" (depending on what map you look).  The class was strong every night.  What I love more than anything ae the new relationships that I form.  I met a missionary couple named Yuri and Andrea.  I am so excited about the possiblities and doors the Lord is revealing. 

We have the final exam tonight and I have been telling the guys that all the questions on the quizes would be on the final.  Now they are so nervous that they will not do well with a 54 question quiz.  I remember that feeling, but I also remember it driving me to study to pass the course, and the feeling of accomplishment when I did well.  They also need these experiences. 

Every time I come I and humbled and reminded that the Ukrainian Baptist Churches have some things down better than we do.  They are not near as far behind in Discipleship as we are in America.  They simply need a little focus on what they are already doing.  Last night we were discussing the difference in a goal, objectives, and the tactics that accomplish the objectives and goal.  I was sharing the blessing of Fellowship Baptist that the people have taken ownership of the goal and objective and we hold very loosely the tactics by which we accomplish those goals.  Tactics are where the rubber meets the road, where things get done and not just talked about.  Taking an idea from the idea stage and putting it to practice according to the world around at the present time.  And because the world is always changing there are times we need to change the tactics to be successful in the minsitry.  Thanks Fellowship for being the example that can be immulated all around the world!  You all are aewsome!!

I am about to start my second leg of the trip here in Ukraine.  Tomorrow, I will get on a train and travel about 24 hours to the other side of Ukraine to Zdolbuniv.  this will be the first time I have traveled by train.  I will be in a simi-private room but at least I will have a bed so that I can get some rest.  We have been working with the Church in Zdolbuniv for the past 3 years as they continue to impliment their discipleship process.  This week we will be focusing on personal evangelism.  I am excited to share with them some of the new ideas I have on evangelism and how it should flow into the natural course of life.

For a Christian who has fallen in love with the lover of my soul.  How can you not share and talk about such a relationship.  Yet so many keep silent.  Jesus is the best thing that has ever happend to me and He is the very reason I am who I am and do what I do.  To know me is to know Christ.  To fellowship with me is the fellowship with Christ.  To learn of me is to learn of Christ.  If this was the way people viewed God's children many more would come to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment