Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Week Down

This has been a good week in the Lord and with the Class here in Ukraine.  I've been teaching a class on Biblical Discipleship, one of my favorite subjects in the world.  I was just discribing to the class last night how wonderful it is to be apart of God's work as he changes a life for all of eternity due to your investment through the Holy Spirit.  And how wonderful it is to be able to share that ministry with others in my congregation.  I am learning that when Jesus said "if a man would lose his life he would save it" not as a salvation passage but as a call to find the true meaning of life.  There is always a night that we end up discussing Church discipline in great detail as we talk about hold people accountable to the Scriptures, and that was last night. 

I was introduced to a wonderful cafe called Vienna Paistories.  It is an Italian style cafe that makes me feel right at home.  It blows a Starbucks away.  The coffees are supurb, not to mention I am writing he blog on the free wifi for customers.  It's my little piece of heaven here in Lugansk. 

It's Saturday and I actually slept in a little today (8:30).  We don't have class on Saturday which has given me a chance to hang my laundry out to dry, litterally.  I have a great opportunity to preach as two different Churches tomorrow so I would ask all to pray that God moves the hearts of the people in each service.  I also had an opportunity to call Vitaly my pastor friend from Rivna yesterday.  He plans on making the trip to Stolbunov and being apart of the conference there.  I was happy about that.

Well, there is a flower festival in the market place today.  So, I guess Tanya and I are going to walk through on our way to do some shopping.  I'm praying for the service tomorrow at home.  I know it will be good with Sam Gill in the pulpit.  Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment