Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence day

I believe that one of the main reasons, if not the main reason for me to still be here in Borger is to finish establishing the Biblical Wellness Center.  The BWC is a men's home for those coming out of addition and wanting to begin a new life in the Lord.  We were able to purchase an old nursing home and remodel it into the men's home.  On Monday we had our board meeting and were discussing the need for an open house as well as the fact that we need to start moving by faith and asking God to bring some residence to the house.  I am glad to announce that we have our first man in the house as of last night.  I am still in the process of writing budgets and mission statements, daily activities and the like, for the 501(c)3 paper work, but that will all get worked out in time. 

In my last blog I was telling you all about the miracle of God giving me an SUV for the move to Atlanta.  I just got it back from the shop yesterday and it runs great.  I feel so blessed ever time I get in and turn the key.  The mechanic was telling me that the transmission might need to be rebuilt and if that is the case I will get that done in Atlanta, as for now it is running great and I am blessed.

Last week so one of the craziest weeks of my life.  God sold our house and we were needing to vacate so the next owners could move in on their closing date which was the 2nd of July.  So, we needed to find a place to live and find it fast.  There is a man in the Church that owned some apartments in town and had one and only one available but it had a major leak from the upstairs apartment and was a total wreck.  I told the owner that I would help him get it ready if he could get us in.  This meant that we would paint and clean and replace some sheetrock in the bathroom, etc.  I have to be honest with you all.  When you move from a 4 bedroom 3 full bath into a 2 bedroom 1 bath; it messes with your mind a bit.  As I was diving into cleaning the bathroom (which was horrible) I had a moment of "What in the world are we doing, and What am I leading my family into?"  I wasn't questing the Lord as much as my own ability to lead and follow.  I know the Lord doesn't make mistakes, but I do all the time.  Was this one of those times that I made a huge error in judgment.  It is so good to have a godly woman is there for me in those times of doubt to gently remind me that God is the instigator of these things and we just need to be obedient. 

Between cleaning the apartment and cleaning the house we both got a bit sick.  We were exhausted from the move.  I was worried I wasn't going to be able to put two sentences together on Sunday for the message, but as always the Lord was faithful and it was all good.  I'm sitting in the apartment living room writing this blog feeling like a missionary on his way to the field (not trying to be prophetic).  I am so sure that this is the moving of the Lord. 

Today we have our annual 4th of July picnic.  I started this 12 years ago out at the first house we lived in because we had an acre lot in which we could play games.  After we moved, we moved the picnic to Huber park and it has been there ever since.  We always have fun, food, and games.  It is a good time for all.  This is the first year in which I have no responsibilities and I am so excited about that.  I will be a helper, of course, but I'm not in charge.  It looks like the weather will be perfect for the event, so I'm sure we will have a good time.

Tomorrow we are headed up to KC to visit Kim's family.  We are celebrating a late birthday with Kim's Mom.  We had to move our trip because of the selling of the house.  I am excited to see all my ministry buddies and share my heart with them of all that God has been and is doing in my life right now.  It is always a comfort when you can share with people that have been through what you are going through.  I guess that is all for now.  I left out a ton of stuff for time sake, but I didn't want to bore you.  Please keep praying for us.

P.S.  I got to keep my little dog, which adds a whole new adventure to the mix, but he is doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment