Sunday, July 8, 2012

Unexpected Blessing at Graceway

Saturday night was a great time over at the Ruzickia's.  (For those of you who don't know: Chris was my associate for the first 8 years of my ministry in Borger.)  He invited Kent and Kim Liles over for some wonderful apple pie and Ice cream.  He know what I like.  He topped it off with coffee and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  This was the first time I had got a chance to recount all that God has done and is doing in my life with the move from Borger.  There was discussion about what the Lord has for me in the future and things I might like to do.  As I was thinking along those lines; I think I would love to be a part of a ministry team that was a bit more mature than I am spiritual so that I could be challenged to go to the next level of ministry for the Lord.  As crazy as it sounds: I want to be apart of a movement that changes the world for the glory of God and his kingdom.  I know it sounds lofty but that is in fact why we are here.  I am not thinking high minded, but at the same time I am remembering that we have a mighty God that has chosen me to be in his ministry and he wants to change the world with his gospel message of Love and reconciliation.  I want to join God in this endeavor and I know that mean change, growth, more wisdom and understanding about how the world works and how we, Christians, work in it.  I am ready to take whatever steps that are necessary to make that a reality.  As I am sitting here typing this I realize that I have never been so bold or transparent with my thoughts but I don't see any reason to keep these things close to the chest at this point.  I'm looking for direction, advise, spiritual wisdom, and most of all direction for my Lord and King on how he wants to use me in his mission.  I also realize the discipline, and righteousness that is necessary for this type of ministry and I want to achieve that discipline in my life.

Then we went to Graceway in Kansas City, MO Sunday morning.  We went to the High school class because we all love to here Kent's passion for the Lord.  He preached a great message on living a life that means something for the Kingdom and how not to waist your youthful years.  Then we went to the main service and was able to hear Jeff Adams as he taking the Church through Luke.  I was reminded of the simple fact of why we do ministry at all.  There is a day of judgment coming and God is doing all he can to warn and guide people out of danger and into his salvation.  It is not for money or fame or any other reason.  People need the salvation of the Lord and we are the chosen ones to bring it to the world.  It was good for my soul.

Many of you know of the our friends in Turkey.  He and his wife were here this morning to be ordained and sent out by Graceway.  I was able to introduce Kim to his wife whom she prays for often but had never met. I was excited to see them and catch up with all that is going on in their lives and ours.  I can't wait to go and visit them in there home.

We then went to lunch with the Whitwood's at a Mexican restaurant on the Kansas side.  The food was decent but the fellowship was divine.  I then spent the afternoon with my father in law catching up on "Ice Truckers" on the History channel.  I had never watched a full episode but now I think I'm hooked.  I'm rooting for Austin: kid's got made driving skills.  Finished up with a bowl of ice cream and here we are.  

1 comment:

  1. I love how God is leading you one thoght at a time. Keep being obedient to rest (and watch Ice Truckers)....He'll do the rest!

    ReplyDelete