Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Let the Lord Guide your Steps

When a person has a stable job in an environment where people love him and he turns in his resignation with no job lined up, people will think that you're crazy.  The only time this would make any since to some would be when God himself comes down and says it time for you to move.  This has happened to me several times now in my journey with the Lord and I am in the midst of one of those times now.

I'm at Signing Hills Youth Camp this week with the young people and it is such a wonderful place for me.  I grew up coming to the camp since I was in Jr. High.  Yesterday, Kim and I were walking around the grounds and I was showing her the trees that I have cried under when I was moved by the Lord in different times in my life.  I preached my first sermon for for a preaching competition here at the camp.  I won awards here.  I was playing basketball on the court one year slipped on the rocks and my shorts turned to shreds.  Pretty funny when there's girls all around and you're 15.  I received my first kiss here from a girl named Kim (not my wife).    I worked up here for a summer after I graduated High School (one of the best summers of my life).  And on this day, June 18th, 24 years ago, I met Kim Umholtz here, my bride for the past 22 years.

Chris Ruzicka is the camp speaker this year.  He served as my associate at Fellowship for 8 years has we were setting the direction and vision of the Church.  He and I were sitting in the counselor's meeting just as proud parents watching the people that we trained not need us anymore.  They got it.  They understand it.  They can do it.  I realized while I was sitting there that it didn't matter if I was there or not.  I have no responsibilities and no one is asking me questions.  This didn't hurt my feeling but rather excited me to no end.  They got this!

While the kids were praising I took a stroll on the nature walk behind the camp.  I have been asking the Lord to guide my steps through this move and he have been faithful to do so.  There is an opportunity that presented itself in Atlanta that I am feeling good about pursuing.  I don't know all the details yet and I'm not sure if it will turn into anything at all but I know God is in control.  As I walked I just shared with Him again how important it is for me that he guide my steps.  I don't want to scramble around trying to make something happen.  That has been my M.O. in the past and I have learned that I just get in the way and muddy the waters of His will.  No, I just want to here from the Lord and follow his command.  His Word promises me that when I put my trust in him that He will direct my path.  These are exciting times in my life.  I feel closer to the Lord than I have in years.  I feel as if I have been born again, "again."  I guess what I'm trying to say is, "My spirit is renewed."  

No comments:

Post a Comment