Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Long Trip Home

Have you ever noticed when you go on vacation that the trip home seems a lot longer than the trip going.  I think it is because of the anticipation one feels when you are going to a new place or going to do something different and exciting.  Home is just that; it's home.  You know what it looks like you know what you are going to do and the people you are going to see. 

I started this morning drinking coffee at Panara Bread with my pastor Jeff Adams.  I have had two pastors in my life that have helped to mold, shape, and guide me.  The first was John Gross the pastor of North Park Baptist Church in Humble, Texas where I grew up.  I was saved and called to preach under his ministry and leadership.  Brother Gross gave me a heart for people and the desire to reproduce myself.  The second has been Jeff Adams the pastor of Graceway in Raytown, Missiouri.  Jeff taught me how to study my Bible and join God in his mission of reconciling the world unto Himself.  Both of these men are invaluable to me not only for the past for also for my future.  Jeff has one of the greatest missions minds that I know, and I know God is calling me to do greater things in the way of missions around the world.  It was good to share with my pastor and friend all that God is doing in my life.  He has been suggesting that I take the Perspectives class for about a year, but it hasn't been offered anywhere near Borger or Amarillo for that matter.  So I was excited to learn that there are 4 classes that will be offered in Atlanta at the beginning of next year. I will be sure to grab that class as soon as I can.

After the wonderful time with Jeff, we packed up and loaded up for the long trip home.  I spent a moment assuring Kim's Mom that I would make every effort for her to see her little girl as much as possible.  I tried to explain that it's actually easier and cheaper to get a flight from Atlanta than Amarillo but I don't think I was doing much good.  It will be a "show me don't tell me" kind of thing. 

I decided on the way home that I would drive Kellie to Atlanta on the 24th instead of fly so that we can pack as much of her things as possible and take the dog to Mom's.  She has graciously decided to watch Zach (we named him Zaccheaus because he is just a wee little man) while we are in Ukraine.  So Kellie and I will take off on our first adventure in Atlanta of enrolling her in her new high school.  I will also take advantage of getting my Georgia licence, and storage building and the like while I'm there.

We pulled into town and the girls all had somewhere to go and someone to see.  They are teens: what do you expect.  So, we dropped them all off and Kim and I grabbed a subway sandwich and headed to the apt.  We sold our kitchen table so we ate on our coffee table that rises to serve as a tv tray (if you've seen one you know what I'm talking about).  Then we unpacked and continued getting this place livable for the next month.  Now it time to retire before the rat race starts in the morning.  I have mixed emotions about it, but it really doesn't matter.  There are still things that must be done for the Church, the Kingdom, and the Sizemore's that will not wait another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment