Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Everlasting June

In so many ways I feel like I have lived a lifetime just in the month of June.  It was at the end of May that I turned in my resignation and let it be known that God was moving me from Borger to a new adventure beginning in Atlanta.  We (the Church) had already planned and baught Mine and Kim's ticket to Ukraine in the month of August so I knew I was staying until then.  So, then as June rolled around we had our plan set and in motion.  I would promote Pastor Shawn as the new Lead Pastor.  He candidated and the Church has voted and he is ready to take my place when I leave.  (He is filling a lot of the role now, as he get oriented to the new responsibilities. 

I told Kim how cool it would be if God would sell this house before we left.  And in the last two weeks God provided a buyer, we showed the house, signed the contract, had our moving sale, moving on Friday, and closing on the 2nd of July.  This presented a whole new set of challenges.  We had to fix the gas leak that the inspector found: Done!  We had to rent an appartment to have a place to live: Done!.  We needed a storage building to store the stuff we don't need in the appartment: Done!  We need to paint the appartment before we move: Almost Done.  And most importantly We had to pack and pack like crazy.  If your wife is like mine you will understand this next statement.  I spent a few hours gathering, combining, sorting, and packing the cleaning supplies that we have in every room of the house.  That is not a complaint, just a reality. 

Kim went Ninja on the kitchen cabnets.  She took care of all the dishes and cups.  See, I've got this thing about buying a new coffee cup from each new place I visit and the Lord has blessed my life with much travel, so, needless to say; I have a few coffee cups.  She packed them all with a sweet, "If we never spend another dime on coffee cups it will be just fine with me.!"  She's probly right but I won't stop: I love my little coffee cup friends.  And now they're all bedded down for the long ride to Hotlanta safe and sound.

Before we really got cranked up tonight Katie came over to see us.  How wiered is that!!!!  (For those of you who don't know, she moved in with the Cooper's where she will be staying as she finishes out her senior year of High School.  It was good to know that she could find her way home if she needs too.  About 30 minutes before Wally World closes Kim yells out, "Where's my stool?"  She got the same reply the rest of them have been getting from me; "I sold it."  "I need a stool."  So, off we go to get there before it closes.  We made it and got back to the house.  So, now I'm sitting at the bar in the kitchen (because we have no table, you guessed it, I sold it) eating some trail mix and blogging with you fine folks.  Isn't life good.  And what in the world will July bring.  Game on!  Game on.

P.S. Oh yea, God gave me a car, but that miracle will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment