Sunday, June 24, 2012

Watch the Movement of God

I have always been intrigued by the story of Moses when he asked to see God.  God said he would put him in the cleft of the rock and pass by and allow Moses to see him after he passed by.  What a glorious moment that must have been, Moses was fully protected as God passed by and was able to see him after he moved.  This is much the way I feel during this movement of God through our Church and through my life.  God has taken me and placed me in the cleft of the Rock and in complete assurance and safety I'm watch the Lord as he moves through my life.

Here in Borger, a town that is about 6 miles squared, I chose a motorcycle as my second vehicle.  Katie wanted a car and I didn't want another car payment.  So this was a better option for us at the time.  As I think about Atlanta (or any big city for that matter), I am a bit more concerned with the everyday commute on a bike.  I think it would be more of a recreational vehicle at that point.   So, I have been asking the Lord what I should do.  And low and behold, an opportunity comes up for me to by a Ford Explorer for almost nothing. He put a car right in my lap.  I didn't go searching for a car, he just gave me one.  I was just hanging out in the cleft of my Rock and I watched him pass right by with a car.  AMAZING!!!!  It is obvious that the Lord is working it out for me to sell my bike.  So, I'm not worried about that either. 

Kim and I were having our moving sale and we just asked God to bring the right people to the sale.  We were selling some stuff that not everyone would want it had to be the right people at the right time and place.  Needless to say, we sold it all.  God blessed in more ways than I have time to describe in this blog.  But, one interesting thing did happen.  A lady came to buy some Christmas lights (which we had already sold) and noticed the bike in the drive.  She stopped and took pictures and said, "I have a friend that works at the plant, and he was just telling me he wanted to buy a Honda Shadow."  I'm expecting a call from him on Monday as God just continues to take care of this moving business. 

We have got one week left in this house.  The closing is happening on July 2nd (another miracle of God).  We never put the house on the market people.  God is moving.  I just want to stay in the cleft of the Rock and behold the Glory of the Lord as he passes by.  This gives me such great hope for the future.  As I watch God move, I know that he moves for a reason and I know he has got my entire future mapped out he has proven that to me over and over in the last month.  One of my favorite songs growing up was "His Eye is on the Sparrow."  (I know I'm dating myself).  If God cares for the sparrows of the world how much more does he care for his children.  I don't know what the future hold, but I know who holds the future.  My job is to stay in awe of his wonder and majesty, and watch as the Lord moves right in front of me.  I see him from behind because he is in front, and I just follow in the light of his glory and the path that he creates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment