Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Time of Transition

There is a fraise that has been coined for those that know they are going to be leaving a job and going somewhere else: they are called short timers.  Short timers have a hard time keeping there mind on what is in front of them instead of looking forward to the things that shall be.  I must say, fighting the short timers decease is a very real thing.   I am doing my best to stay focused on the task at hand for there is still much to do before I leave.  I feel my role changing as people are starting to look to Shawn for vision and even instruction.  This is a very positive change, but a change none the less.  I find myself focusing more on getting the new Recovery Center up and going and off on the right foot.  We are in the process of finishing all the policies and procedures and the handbooks that will be distributed to the guys coming in to the center.  So I find myself very busy as I am managing these two organizations, but that is good for me.  We are hoping to have the Open House for the community to come by and see the center in the next week or two.  We are looking for people that will partner with us in prayer and support of this new community ministry in Borger. So, if you would like to donate please contact the Church office 806-273-7127 or you can donate on the web by clicking here. (This is a shameless plug, but I don’t mind asking because I know we are going to help a lot of people.)

Kim and I have been busy packing up the house as we are trying to sell it before we leave town.  Kim has been quite the sales person on “For sale in Borger” (basically a huge online garage sale on Facebook).  We have been selling as much of our stuff as possible.  It is a bit strange to see bedroom suits and kitchen tables, and the like going out the door, but in all honesty, I don’t miss any of it.  The girls have started to pack up there rooms which is making the move very real for them.  Katie is getting ready to move in with Scott and Lori (some dear friends of ours) because she will be staying here for her Senior year of High School.  Kellie will be starting her freshman year of High School on August 1st in Georgia ( I personally think it is a crime to start school that early but they do get a few more breaks during the school year). 

With all of this movement, I have been so proud of the Church Body as they have embraced the moving of the Lord and risen to the task at hand.  Sunday is the Church wide vote to see is Shawn Dunigan will become the new Pastor after I leave.  This is a very exciting time for the Church as well as Shawn’s family.  I know that he will lead this congregation in the ways of the Lord according to God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment