Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Journey Begins

As many of you may already know, Kim and I are about to embark on the biggest adventure of our lives. We are taking all the the wisdom and experience that we have learned over the past 25 years in ministry and starting a church. For the past 3 months I have been getting all the background work done (corporate papers, people management systems, bank accounts, vision statements and core values, etc., etc.) And now it's time to get the ball rolling with a core group of people that have the same heart and vision.

I had a great time with the staff of New Season Church as they gave me a send off lunch and blessings all around. I have learned many things during my two year tenure at New Season. It reminds me of all the things God has been teaching me from my first ministry 'til now.

The new church is called Reliant as we rely solely on God to see us through. It will be based on a discipleship model with many new ideas. When the vision comes to pass we will not look like traditional church at all. Our core group meetings beginning February 1st at my house. Our plans are to find a meeting place that will hold the core group of about 25 families (my house is not big enough). We will then look to open the doors to the public some time early August of this year.

During this start up time as we form the core, we could use some help with some simple start up money. It is amazing what happens when the people of God get together and give for the cause of God's kingdom. Many of you have been touched in some way through our ministry in the past and I'm asking all of you at this moment to pay it forward. The investment that I have made in many of your lives is the same investment I will be making in others. Some of you can give a little and some of you can give a lot to get this new church off the ground. I know that God will multiply your giving many times over. Please Click Here to pay it forward. All donations are tax deductible and will go directly to Reliant Ministries.

Stay tuned for the latest updates on the new church plant. And more than anything Pray, Pray, and when you get done praying, pray that God would do something amazing and unexplainable for His glory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment