Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Up Up and Away

One of the most interesting, and sometimes scary, things about any flight is who God will put you next to on the plane.  This really comes into play when you are going to be sitting next to this person for a solid 10 hours.  As an American I'm spoiled to pick my seat before I fly, but that is not always the case when you fly a non-American airline.  That was the case on my flight to  Frankfurt.  When I got my seat assignment, I realized it was the very last row on the plane.  Not something I would choose in a million years.  And, if you can imagine, the plane is completely packed (there is no changing seats).  So, I gave it to the Lord and boarded the plane.  as I got to the back of the plane I realized there was no wall behind me so the seat would still recline and because it was the last row there were only two seats with extra room.  I had won the lottery and I didn't even know it.

So, who's it going to be.  I watch the faces as people board.  Will we talk of spiritual things.  Will I make a new friend.  Maybe a ministry connection.  I was blessed when a Swedish lady named Monica sat down beside me.  I could tell she lived in the States but she had a strong accent that I couldn't place.  When I think Swedish I stereotype blond hair and blue eyes, but she was dark haired with brown eyes.  We talked a bit about professions which I always use to my advantage to talk about the Lord.  The rest of the trip was pleasant as I mostly tried to get some sleep in lue of the coming jet lag. 

As I'm writing this (offline) in the Frankfurt Airport, I'm sitting in a nice little dinner trying to keep food on my stomach for energy because I still have a whole days worth of travel before I get to my destination.  I'm hoping the hotel has internet so I can post, but that is another 12 hours from now.  I do love the fact that I have entered the real coffee zone.  A normal cup of coffee over here is gourmet at home.

I called my Dad before I left the country and had a serious heart felt discussion of what it means to give our lives for he cause of the good news.  I'm sure that will be better when I make the return call on the 10th.  It is nice to know that people are praying and concerned and excited about this wonderful opportunity that God has placed before me.  I will try and post every day if possible.

God bless.

PS: We made it to the hotel with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment