Sunday, May 6, 2012

How Majestic is Your Name

The weekend was an amazing time to see the Lord at work. I must be honest with you.  I had some of the greatest adventures of my life on Saturday.  Some I can't share with you know but I will in time.  The mountains that surround us just die into the Black Sea, so there are many beautiful rivers that filter into sea.  So we headed west a bit and began going up into the mountains to find a family that we had met on a previous trip, and on the way we found many village people that were willing to talk with us and we were able to give them the amazing book.  We were stopping all the time so that the tourist, that's me, could take pictures of this wonder place.  I must say this is one of the most majestic places I have seen thus far.  We did find the family we were looking for in a little village closer to the top of the mountain.  They're restaurant had burned down and they were in the process of rebuilding it.  We had a great time talking and sharing stories with them and others that were coming by on the street.  There was an older gentleman that came up to us with a younger man with him.  He stated that he was a Christian and that he came from Armenia.  This was very exciting to us because we know of know Christians in the area at all.  Upon further investigation, he was referring to his nationality not his beliefs, which is very common over here.  We were able to take these two men to the top of the mountain and share with them our hope.  This was truly a blessing to me as the team let me take the lead in the conversation.  The old man then took us to his old Turkish house that was build about 180 years ago.  I wish I had the time an space to describe this place, but you will just have to wait until I get back to the Church.  It was a life changing experience and memory that I will never forget to say the least.

Sunday we got up and went down to the sea shore to spend some time with the Master.  There are no Churches, no fellowship, no place to come together in this area, so we just chose a pic-nic table and began to break spiritual bread together.  It was first international Church of H. yesterday.  We thought we would just relax a bit in the afternoon but the Boss had other plans.  We made a brand new friend at the mall and spent about an hour talking with this man.  We had met his wife earlier and she had brought him to us.  I have no idea how she knew we would be there.  (So cool)  We also had a good strategy session for the future.

O Lord our Lord how Majestic is your Name!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment