Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First Day on the Job

Here I am sitting on a balcony over looking the Black Sea.  I was surprised to find that this place is a subtropical region.  The Black Sea butts into some beautiful mountains that are full of tea leaves.  These tea leaves are what keep this place alive.  The are harvested about 5 times a year and that is what brings life to the region.  It's pretty foggy this morning and we have heard it is supposed to rain all day.  This could be to our advantage as it will cause many not to be working.

Yesterday, our first day on the job, we started out the morning get ourselves organized and mapped out for the week.  This is easy to do when you are planning on being led around by the Spirit.  We went to the market place here looking for some old connections that some of the team had made over a year ago, but we were told that they were no longer interested in our endeavor.  Fear is a major driving force in this place.  It is not fear of God but fear of rocking the boat.  The one thing no one wants is trouble.  I am reminded of the scripture in which Jesus said, "I bring not peace but a sword."  There are times we must get out of our comfort zones for the greater good of mankind even if they don't understand it or want it.  We are determined that the Holy Spirit of God is already at work in this place and that eyes will be opened to the truth; not because we force open a door, but because he will open one for us.  As we were walking around the market, we were cased for the first time in my life.  This guy would make a horrible spy or FBI agent, but I think he just wanted us to know that he was watching.  Interesting to say the least.

We did have a chance to meet up with an old friend that we were able to find in a near by town.  This was a good meeting and we will meet with this person again later in the week.  About this time I am really feeling the jet lag.  I was struggling to keep my eyes open mid sentence while people were talking to me.  It wasn't good.  I knew what the problem was.  I hadn't had any food since breakfast and my body thought it was night time.  I can make it through if I have a constant energy source.  So we went and ate dinner at a market not far and I recovered nicely with some wonderful rice and chicken soup.  I also had a bowl of the same soup that Jacob sold to Esaw for his birthright.  It was good but it wasn't birthright good.  We met a man in the Restaurant that wants us to come back tonight and speak with him some more. Pray for this meeting.

As you pray, pray that the Lord will speak to someone in a miraculous way.  In Luke 10 Jesus told the disciples that as they went to a new town that they would pray that God would send forth laborers in the harvest.  We are praying for those laborers here.  Those that will stand the test of time and opposition. I will explain more of what God is teaching me when I get back.  

I can't believe it is Thursday already.  Let's see what the day brings.


1 comment:

  1. Bill, this is great insight!! I teach many of the same principals when I take our teams to C.A. I am excited to read this report, and will be praying for for you guys as you seek a p of p!

    ReplyDelete