Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Oil Change

Kim and I were out yesterday monring getting breakfast a Panera Bread.  It was so good and the coffee was right on time.  After breakfast I noticed that Jiffy Lube was running an early bird special: if you came in before ten it was $10 off.  so I took Kim home and went back to the store.  as I was waiting I checked my android to see if the books I bought from amazon would be on my phone and my tablet and they were.  I had purchased the book "Heaven is for Real" before I left just because I was afraid someone would ask me about it and I want to be able to talk inteligently.  So I started reading and I quickly realized that most of the book is a setup for meat of the Story.  I've read to the 10th chapter and none of it has been about his experience in heaven, but more about the stuggle of the parents through the sickness of their little boy.  That isn't bad I just feel like the book is alittle deceptive in its concept.  I am hoping the book changes course shortly.  I'll keep you informed.  So, the guys at Jiffy Lube saw that my running lights were burned out on the Yukon and wanted to change them for me for $12.50 a piece.  I declined and they dropped it to half price so I agreed.  This meant more time to read. Once they got the lights changed I paid and was ready to go, but they had left the lights on the entire time they were changing the lights and ran the battery down and had to give me a jump. Last night we had a great time celebrating my nephew Nathan's 13th birthday. After we made him walk through the ring of fire we welcomed him into manhood. (that was a reference to the movie, "Finding Nemo" for those of you that missed it.) We had pizza and one of the best Ice cream cakes I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment