Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Vacation

When we were planning our vacation we always take into consideration the girls and what they have going on at the time.  We were going to take the girls out of school on Monday and head up to Kanas City but Katie had a basketball game on Monday night and so we were going to delay leaving until Tuesday morning.  Then the rumor of the storm was coming on Monday night and Katie decided it was best for the family if we headed out on Monday morning and off we went (she made a good choice because the game was canceled anyway).  It was raining when we left and it rained the entire 8 1/2 hour trip.  It was crazy!! there were times when visibility was almost none.  There were a few times I wanted to pull over because I could barley see the car in front of me, but we pressed on.  We made it without event which is always good.  If you prayed, Thanks, we needed it.

We got to KC at about 5:30 p.m. and spent the rest of the evening catching up and getting ready for bed.  I was so tired that I went to bed at about 9 and didn't wake up until 8:00 a.m.  If you know me that is crazy.  I never sleep 11 hours, but I guess that is what vacation is for.  We got up Tuesday and pittled around until we were ready to run errands.  So, I put on my drivers cap and started getting instruction on where to go and what was next.  I did have an opportunity to sneak into Bed Bath and Beyound and buy a few last minute things for Kim.  (She has no idea what they are).  I spent the rest of the afternoon tieing up the last few loose ends from the ministry and tasting some of the wonderful goodies that everyone gave us for the trip.  And to top off Tuesday I went to see Sherlock Holmes.  This theater was amazing, the screen was one of the clearest that I had ever seen.  We went with my brother in-law and nephews and they sat at the very top seats and I am more of a middle type guy, but I wanted us all to be together so I headed to the top.  Man, did they get it right.  We had the best seats in the house.  As for the movie, it was OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment