Monday, July 21, 2014

Back in the U.S.A.

After a long missions trip it is so good to hear the officer say, "Welcome home Mr. Sizemore" as I pass through passport and customs.  It is good to be home.  Kim and Kellie were there at the airport to greet me with hugs and kisses.  It couldn't have been any better.

The fear after such a long flight is the jet-lag.  What that usually means is you wake up in the middle of the night and are unable to go back to sleep, making for a rough day until your body adjusts to the new time zone.  The blessing for me was that I was unable to sleep on the plane and was dead tired and slept all night long.  I woke up refreshed on Saturday and was able to spend all day with the family running errands.

The whole team was excited about Sunday morning at New Season.  It felt like forever since we were able to worship in our own language and culture.  And it was amazing.  The Spirit of God was all over the place.  I looked around on several different occasions to see people weeping in their seats as they were moved by different parts of the service.  I was one of them.  It was one of the best Sundays I have experienced at New Season in a while.  I can really feel the church body growing in the Lord and it is a beautiful sight.

Tonight, at 6:45pm the team will be giving their testimony and vision for Uganda in the future.  I would like to personally invite all of you to come and rejoice in what the Lord has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment