Thursday, July 10, 2014

New Relationships

One of the things I love about traveling abroad are the new relationships that God allows me to have. There are people that I call my brothers in Ciro, all throughout Ukraine, Europe, Slovakia, Belize, Mexico, Iraq, Turkey, and now Uganda, and Kenya. While I have been here in Uganda I have been receiving messages from my brothers all over the world. It is a very rich and blessed feeling to say the least.

This week I have been building relationships with key men of ministry in this area as we teach in the Pastor's school and discover men of character and influence. One of those men have been driving the team around and interpreting for Steve and I, and his name in Mugisha Julius. Another man that is quickly becoming dear to my heart in Pastor Fredrick. I believe God is using Fredrick to unite the pastors of Uganda to do a mighty work for The Lord. The church Fredrick pastors has started 46 churches and have organized the Pastor's school in which we are now teaching. I believe these are key men in the ministry here in Uganda and I am very interested to see what happens with them over the next few years.

Another unexpected relationship that I have formed in with Bishop Patrick from Kenya. He is here for the grand opening of the Garden of God (which I will tell you about tomorrow). Bishop Patrick's church is responsible for starting 50 churches including Pastor Fredrick's church. He is the head of the counsel of Bishops in Kenya which consists of approximately 100 Bishops in Kenya. Both Steve and I have received open invitations to preach to the Pastors of Kenya and possibly start a "Timothy Barnabas" work there. Beside all that, Bishop Patrick is a sweet man that loves Jesus and the work of The Lord and has treated me with the utmost respect and honor. I am hoping in the not to distant future that God would allow me the opportunity to minister to the Pastors in Kenya to encourage them in their fight for the souls of men.

Team Update

When God gives you such a good first day of ministry like we had on Monday, it can be a let down if the movement of God is not so strong on the second day. Not so for Tuesday. We saw more people come to Christ on the second day than we did on day one. The girls won 10 people to Christ in the village while Steve and I were teaching. We then left the school for a preaching engagement at Prayer Center. This is the same place that Steve preached yesterday and saw many come to Christ. I was honored to take the pulpit today and see many more give their lives to Christ. We then broke for lunch before we went to the village where Pastor Fredrick grew up. Pastor Steve was up to preach in their little church made of dirt floors and a tin roof. There was six that gave there lives to Christ in that place. All in all we saw 31 people receive Christ today. I stand in awe of the work of my Lord.

In the evenings after dinner. We have some down time and have started a rivalry on the spades table. Steve and I against Hanna and Krystal. Those poor girls don't know if their coming or going. The score so far is 2 wins to 0 in favor of the BS team. We were laughing so hard last night that we all started getting cramps in our sides.

It was good to chat with family a little last night and let them know of the great things The Lord has been doing and to know that everyone is doing well at home. Tomorrow will be another big day in The Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment