Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Finding My Place in the Kingdom of God

If I have learned anything in my many years of ministry it would be that God gifts people in many different ways. A casual look at 1 Corinthians 12 will show clearly that there are many gifts from the Spirit of God and all are important to the body. I have experienced times of frustration with people that usually stems from false expectations of people being like me. When I try to fit people into my mold, with my gift, and my calling, I negate their God given abilities and mission and hurt the work of The Lord.

As ministers, we are to identify the gifts of the Spirit of God in people and edify those gifts in people. This will allow people to excel in the ministry in their God given abilities. When we come into agreeement with what God is doing and join him, we remove the frustration of square pegs in round holes. So the question is not what does the church need, nor what I want you to be, but what has God made you to be and why did God place you in this body?

How amazing it is that God has a unique plan for our lives that fits with all the other unique plans to accoplish His Godsized will.

No comments:

Post a Comment