Friday, February 1, 2013

The Urgency of Salvation

Last Wednesday night I started teaching through the book of Revelation at New Season Church in Hiram. The message was a simple one: Jesus is coming quickly which means the rapture of the Church is at hand. I felt an overwhelming pull from the Holy Spirit to preach the gospel to all that were in attendance making sure that an invitation was given to come to Christ before he comes again.

I felt such freedom in message as we talked about those that God had appointed as watchmen throughout the centuries. Those that would herald the coming of The Lord because of the revelation they had received from God. We quickly came to the conclusion that it is our turn to herald the coming of The Lord because of the revelation that we have received in His Word.

As we finished and broke into our small groups, I encouraged the group to make sure all were secure in their relationship with Christ. I happen to look in the front of the room and one of the community group leaders was talking to another young man and I caught a tear in his eye. I have seen that look before. I knew that life changing decisions were being made. So, I just waited for the men to come to me. In a few moments they both walked over to me and they were both crying and the leader said, "Pastor Bill, say hello to your new brother in Christ." As we embraced with a congratulations, the man looked me in the I and said, "Thank you." These are some of the most humbling times in my life when I realize that God has used something I have said to change the course of a life forever.

God be praised that He is still saving people today. "Even so, come Lord Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment