Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Taking the Hill

I knew when The Lord moved me from Borger that I was going to be stretched. That is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to settle in, get comfortable, and turn stagnate. I wanted to experience new things, and see a true movement of God. I felt like a new recruit getting his first assignment. And what an assignment it has been.

When The Lord dropped us right in the middle of New Season Church, I felt like I was in a war zone. Spiritual bodies falling all around me, people hunkered down in their bunkers, and the C.O. yelling, "Move Forward! Move Forward!" So I strapped on my sword and started commanding my troops to take the hill of First Impressions, and the hill of Assimilation until the smoke finally cleared and we were stand on the top in celebration.

Through all the fighting and scraping for every piece of ground, we finally began to celebrate some victories in the camp. Some lives have been snatched from the enemy, P.O.W.'s have been rescued and restored to duty, new soldiers are being trained up, and the wounded are on the mend.

As I have a chance to catch my breath and assess the situation, I see several hills that still need to be taken: the hill of Service Programming, The hill of Discipleship, and the mountain of Missions. The difference is I don't feel like I'm taking direct fire. We have secured a com post from which we can assess and attack at will.

Believe it or not we are in a war and a fight for the souls of men. We can't lay down! We can't get comfortable! And God forbid, we ever retreat! We must be good soldiers for The Lord who has called us and saved our lives by his own heroics and grace when he took the hill of Calvary for you and me. May God be with you today as you fight the good fight and take the hill in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment