Monday, September 10, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

I have been so blessed with some the contacts that the Lord has put in my path and some of the new friends I have met here already.  I think back to the early years of my ministry at Fellowship, and I can see God working out his plan for this moment in those moments.  I remember when I first met Ralph Canada on the mission field of Juarez. When he pushed me beyond my comfort zone in evangelism and changed my life and ministry forever.  Fellowship Baptist Church became the world influence Church that it has become because of those seeds that were planted in my heart so long ago.  Ralph and I have been partners in ministry from that day forward.  One of the reasons for moving here to Atlanta was because of this partnership with Ralph and others.  Many think it was just because my family is here, but in all honesty this is just an added bonus. 

Last Friday night Ralph invited me over to his house to meet the fonder and president of Global Focus, Larry Reesor.  We had a great night, eating and talking about the possibilities in ministry.  It was so refreshing as Larry shared with me his testimony of leaving everything he had to follow the will of God that has impacted so many churches and missions around the world.  He seemed excited about the direction Kim and I are headed and the possibilities in front of us.  If you are a church leader I would highly recommend clicking the link on Global Focus and getting more information on how your Church can impact the world for the Kingdom at home and abroad.  I will be going through some training myself at the end of this week.

Kim and I went to First Baptist Church Woodstock this Sunday where I was able to meet Johnny Hunt, the pastor.  We found out this morning that we went to the traditional service and that there is a contemporary service at 11:00 so we will check that out this coming Sunday.

Today we attended the Woodstock Church Planting School.  It was a good first day as we talked about personal integrity as a must for any new minister. More to come on this subject tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment