Monday, September 24, 2012

Vacation in Florida

I'm sitting here on the beach in Perdido Key watching the sun come up and right of the shore line there is a school of dolphins playing right in front of me.  This is a pretty place.  I was so excited to come down here and finally have a moment to relax, unplug, and unwind.  My intention was to come to Atlanta and stay with my parents for a month and do nothing but clear my mind and rest in the Lord.  But, instead I found myself in a Church planting class the first week and Global Focus training later in the week I was given some office space and was setting that up.  Needless to say, I have been going non-stop since we got here.  I have met so many people and made such good friendship.  God has blessed in so many ways with great confirmations of our move.  I am at peace with every aspect of my life right now.  The opportunities for ministry are overwhelming and in all honesty I'm just trying to keep it simple, watch, and listen to what God is showing me and saying to me.  The world can get pretty noisy at times. 

So it is nice to come and be with family for a week, chill out, and watch the sun so faithfully rise over the ocean.   No matter how bad things get or confusing the world is around me I am always reminded of the faithfulness of God because the son always comes up in the morning (or as the scripture would say, "His mercies are new every morning).  I just a little bit my nephews and nice are going to be wanting to go down to the pool and swim before we go and play in the big pool.  I love being a part of their lives like this.  This is a new life for me.  It's like I just came back from the war after being MIA for so long.  I am having to learn the family dynamics and all the characters of people.  people are different when you come to visit then when you live together.  That is not to say it is bad, but just different.  I felt it as soon as I was here for a week.  Before everyone made sure that they came to Mom's house to see me and spend time with me.  Now, everyone is living there life and doing there thing and I have to find my place in the midst of this life that is already established and happening around me.  Don't get me wrong, I love it.  But, it is interesting the way people mesh together. 

I am feeling some of this at Church as well.  We haven't yet joined a Church, so we have been visiting around (which is a first in our lives).  We don't know anybody so again we have to find a place to land in the midst of other peoples lives and begin to mesh.  This process is exciting and scary all at the same time.  If you have any insecurities (and I do)  they all surface at this time.  What if they don't like me or love me?  How do I prove myself?  How do I fit in?  I'm sure these are the same questions my freshman daughter is asking herself as she attends a brand new school in a brand new place.  But, it's not just for teens.  I think we all have those feelings when we make a life change the way that we have.  This is the third life change that I have experienced and it has always been a step forward for me.  God is faithful in all things.


No comments:

Post a Comment