Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Tuesday Grind

With all the activity at the Center on Monday I wasn't in the office at all.  I normally use Monday's as my catch all day.  I try and get all the things out of my way that would take away from the ministry of loving and helping people. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Needless to say, I had all of Monday's and Tuesday's junk to take care of.  Like for example, I install our new credit / debit card reader at the Church so that we can use debit cards for payments of workbooks and even tithe if someone so desires.  In the age in which we live very few people use checks or even checkbooks to keep their finances.  It's all done electronically.  I've gotten to the point that I use mint.com for all my finances and don't even need to balance my checkbook anymore.  Everything is done in real time or maybe a day behind.  We live in an amazing time. 

If you missed Sunday's message you can catch it online (click here).  I was explaining the gap and restoration process that is found in Genesis 1:1-2.  There have been many questions coming across my desk, which I love.  Anytime I can get people excited about studying God's Word, I'm a happy camper. For those of you that are in my D2 class tonight.  I will take some time and answer any and all questions you have on the subject (to the best of my abilities).  It does make for so interesting conversation.  This would be a great time for you to come and visit the Church as Genesis establishes all the truths in the Bible (shameless plug :). 

I had a wonder conversation with a pastor friend of mine in Central Ukraine.  Kim and I will be traveling over to teach and preach in a family camp, as well as, helping with an ESL class in a town close by.  I believe we will impact some lives while we are there. This trip is in August and it will be the first time Kim has been to Ukraine.  I'm so excited to introduce her to the friends that I have made in my travels over there.  I know that the ladies will love to meet her. 

God is opening up so many doors for the recovery ministry here in Borger.  I found out yesterday that we don't have to rezone the church building that was donated to us for phase 2 of our recovery ministry.  That means we will be able to use the building as soon as we take ownership of it.  Please continue to pray about the recovery ministry as this is a major leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment