Friday, August 26, 2011

Living Water

I had the opportunity to preach at Living Water Ministries this morning, which is the food and clothing pantry here in Borger.  I always enjoy preaching there because, for whatever reason, I feel no pressure.  We dove off into the book of James this morning talking about the reality of our faith and that faith will always be shown by our actions.  And though many people say they have faith in God, they tell on themselves with their actions.  After I had finished the message I went to the back and grabbed a donut that I had eyed earlier before I started (donuts are a weakness of mine).  When I came back to the auditorium there was a lady waiting on me that I didn’t know.  She handed me two pieces of paper and said.  I wrote a poem about you while you were preaching.  I asked if she was giving the poem to me and she said, “Yes.”  So I glanced at it not thinking much about it until I got back to my office and really had a chance to read it with intent.  I would like to share it with you.

Bill Sizemore is on fire.  The Lord is blazing in him too.  He is made I your image, God. He is full of You.  We can feel the Spirit of God when the Word he preaches, and we can tell he practices everything he teaches.  He is super pastor. He is a super hero.  If we were to count his flaws we’d have to count to zero.  Every word that comes out of his mouth ministers to us all: convictions and correction and edification help us to answer God’s call.  Keep on doing God’s will telling us the truth from Genesis to Revelation to the book of Ruth.  Thank you God for Bill Sizemore we really appreciate him today.  God bless him and keep him and use him in every Christian way.  In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

She didn’t sign it so I don’t know her name, yet.  This was a great honor that someone would take the time to write such kind words.  Praise the Lord for his blessing through the lives of His redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment