Monday, April 11, 2011

Dinner Anyone

As I woke up this Monday morning I immediately know that things were different.  All the weight of the day was resting on my shoulders.  With Kim around I know that the girls are going to be taken care of and that she has a plan for the day, but Kim’s not here.  She’s taking care of her Mom in Kansas City for the next three weeks.  I’m so glad that she can do that.  I know it is a blessing to our family.  So, I hit the ground running.  While the girls are still sleeping, I fall on my knees and praise my Savior for a bit, Lord knows I need his help today.  I’m watching the clock for me and for the girls as there is a very delicate time schedule with two teenage girls in the house sharing one bathroom (not to mention, neither of them are morning people).  Nevertheless, somehow we manage to get up and dressed and out of the house ahead of schedule.  I guess prayer really does work.

Every Monday morning we have a staff meeting at the coffee ranch to set the course for the week, and this week is no different especially with Easter just around the corner.  We have some wonderful things planned for the Church body on Easter.  Then it was time for me a make a quick trip to Amarillo and have the windshield replaced in the Yukon.  Luckily it was covered in the contract when I bought it and I didn’t have to pay.  So, I tried to run some errands while I was waiting on the work to be done.  I found myself at a Chinese restaurant in a strip mall for lunch.  The food was good and the entertainment was heating up.  about midway through my mean someone turned on some Karaoke videos and people started singing.  I felt pretty confident in was time to leave, besides the singing wasn’t that good.

I made my way back to the office about midafternoon to try and get ready for Win-Your-World, which is a visitation program here at the Church.  I began getting calls from my girls that were needing rides here and there, and money for things that had to be turned in today!  I left the office a little early unsure of my abilities to actually put food on the table for other people.  For me, I can just have a sandwich or snack on something, but this was something altogether different.  When it was all said and done we had baked pork steaks with carrots in a brown sugar glaze, mashed potatoes, and a side of rice.  Not bad for a newbie.

The night ended on a spiritual note as we went out building the Kingdom of God and reading the scriptures together in our “You’ve Got The Time” bible reading program from Faith comes by hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment